Help: Error in samba4.local.talloc in autobuild

simo idra at samba.org
Thu Oct 4 22:55:46 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-10-05 at 14:10 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 23:57 -0400, simo wrote:

> > > Well as you noticed, it says samba4.local.talloc.memlimit, so I would
> > > start there.
> > >
> > > You may need to run it and make test manually and work that out - there
> > > is nothing autobuild special about this error, it's all from 'make
> > > test'.
> >
> > Ok I've been looking again at the various talloc tests. So let me guess,
> > autobuild interprets strings spit to output that start with "test: name"
> > and then wait until it sees a string that start with "success: name" to
> > determine a test was successful or not.
> >
> > Am I on something here ?
>
> Yes, that's pretty much how subunit works.
>
> https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~subunit/subunit/trunk/view/head:/README#L108

Right, if only we had one central place where we document all these
special things (instead of READMEs in obscure subdirectories that appear
completely unrelated), or at least used a special macro or function in
the current tests instead of open_coding this protocol so that when
others look at tests they get a hint ...

> > Also why are we reaping the talloc testsuite twice in autobuild ?
> > Isn't that a waste of time ?
>
> We waste far more time re-running provision 10 times :-)

So you are ok if I remove it from source4's torture tests ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce