an NTSTATUS exception type for python?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Oct 4 19:20:59 MDT 2012

Jelmer,

I wonder if you could give me a hand writing up a proper (not just
RuntimeException) NTSTATUS exception class for python?

I would like to better handle errors in setting ACLs, and while I
worked around the error I had by checking before the pysmbd call, it
seems there should be a easy way to catch an ntstatus error.

We probably need to get the set of NT errors into IDL (and therefore
python) and then create a new exception class.

Do you have any specific pointers I should follow when doing this?