Query

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:21:28 MDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM, Ken Wakefield <kw4321 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I have a QNAP NAS and can't upgrade it's firmware because on all later
> firmwares, the Quicken Software when opening an accounts file from the NAS,
> gets and uses a cryptic file name instead of the real file name, and it has
> been suggested to me that this is due to a change in samba protocol that the
> quicken software has not coped with.

There really is no such thing as the Samba protocol. It is the
SMB/CIFS protocol.

The information you have provided is insufficient for us to help you, I believe.

Are you able to get a Wireshark or tcpdump capture of the failure with
the newer versions of the QNAP firmware?

Ultimately, it will most likely depend on whether or not QNAP is
willing to upgrade to a newer version of Samba or whether or not
anyone has built an installable newer version.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe