Upgrading to RC2

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Thu Oct 4 06:25:40 MDT 2012

Hi, I have just upgraded to RC2 from RC1, I followed the instructions in
upgrading-samba4.txt. Everything went well until:
tar cf $HOME/backup.tar private etc var sysvol
I got:
tar: sysvol: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

I just cut & pasted the command and never thought about the 'sysvol' on
the end, the full path to sysvol is /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol. I
was in the samba directory as per the instructions, so backing up the
var directory backs up the sysvol dir. Removing sysvol from the tar
command makes the command run without error.

After that, everything worked as expected and I am now running RC2.

Rowland

believed to be clean.