When creating a new file/directory, we need to obey the create mask/directory mask parameters.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Oct 2 17:41:23 MDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 03, 2012 at 09:16:42AM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Can you please rework this to pass in a file/directory flag?

Oh yeah, I missed this on first reading. It's actually
nothing to do whether it's a file or directory, so such
a flag would be irrelevant (in fact the fsp pointer
already knows this).

It's actually about whether this is a security
descriptor inheritance set on create, or a
security descriptor modification, for which
we have two separate parameters:

create mask/security mask for files.
directory mask/directory security mask for directories.

For 4.1, we might want to think instead about
merging these two parameters (which are a
historical accident based on user needs)
and simply have one mask which is applied
uniformly on ACL inheritance create and ACL
change, in which case the whole problem just
goes away.

Jeremy.