Samba4: Internal dns Failed to listen on 0.0.0.0:53

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Mon Oct 1 13:19:36 MDT 2012

On 2012-10-01 21:02, steve wrote:
> After today's update I now get these errors:
>
> Failed to listen on 0.0.0.0:53 - NT_STATUS_ADDRESS_ALREADY_ASSOCIATED
> Calling SPN name update script
> Failed to bind to 0.0.0.0:53 TCP - NT_STATUS_ADDRESS_ALREADY_ASSOCIATED

> bind is not running.

Well, something is listening on 0.0.0.0:53

sudo netstat -lnp

should find what it is. If you have KVM installed, I blame dnsmasq. :)

> Switching back to bind with
>  server services = -dns
>  works OK and I've tried rebooting without bind auto starting at boot.

Possibly BIND doesn't fail if it can't bind to one port.

Find out what's bound to port 53 on your system, and fix that. Or
restrict Samba to a different set of interfaces.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin