I should not be this hard ... SIGSYS causes smbd to silently exit

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:45:28 MST 2012

Hi folks,

FreeBSD does not seem to have facilities to dynamically load KLMs,
such as aio.ko.

Once you get AIO working on FreeBSD, if you do not have AIO support
compiled into the kernel and you do not have the aio.ko KLM loaded
(kldload) smbd gets a SIGSYS, and silently exits ...

It would be nice if this signal were caught and generated a stack
trace ... would have saved me from having to run smbd in gdb with -i
-F.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe