Refactor dbwrap_ctdb a bit

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu Nov 29 10:30:14 MST 2012

Hi Volker

On 2012-11-27 at 11:58 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 23, 2012 at 11:09:12PM +0100, Michael Adam wrote:
> > same here
> >
> > > but I did them on purpose :-)
> >
> > I took that for granted... :)
>
> Attached find a new patchset that leaves the removal of the
> NULL check in and changes the calling convention for the
> ltdb_parse functions.

Thanks!

> It also adds the code that was the reason for me taking a
> closer look at dbwrap_ctdb, namely it converts the
> notify_trigger function to asynchronously fire off the ctdb
> fetch requests. It should bring back part of the baseline
> performance that we lost in the cluster case when doing the
> scalability changes for notify.
>
> This adds more than the initial patchset I sent, so watch
> out before pushing.

This is very cool. I am currently reviewing the patches.
I am through the first (original) part of the patchset and
will push it (along with some of the newer cleanup patches
submitted separately) in a bit. The more subtle
ctdbd_parse(_records) code and the notify changes will
land separately afterwards.

Cheers - Michael