Press around releasing Samba4.

Scott Lovenberg scott.lovenberg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:46:21 MST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:20:01PM -0500, Scott Lovenberg wrote:

>> Along those lines, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get some press from
>> Slashdot.  They've been following the journey to 4.0 for a couple of
>> years now.
>>
>> Jeremy, if you're close with Chris Dibona, he might have the clout to
>> get it to the front page (without going through the usual moderation
>> process) since he used to work there.  You might even have enough
>> clout to do that yourself. :)
>
> No, Slashdot have hated the Samba Team ever since Tim Potter (tpot) became
> one of their most successful trolls a long time ago (but it was worth
> it because he was very funny :-). CmdrTaco *hated* the trolls :-).
>
> But sure, I'll certainly submit there (I usually do with Samba News),
> along with a host of other publications.
>
> Cheers,
>
>         Jeremy

As luck has it, I've got 14 mod points left (if you didn't have enough
motivation to ship 4.0, there you have it).  I'd mod them all into the
ground, but another company holds the patents on being hostile to
users. :D

I'll keep an eye out for the release announcement on slashdot's firehose.

BTW, congrats to the team on 4.0.
--
Peace and Blessings,
-Scott.