Bachelor thesis - tevent

Wed Nov 28 02:33:00 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:26:13AM +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 09:19:19PM +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 06:23:11PM +0100, Koňař David wrote:
> > > I'm working on a bachelor thesis about tevent event system under
> > > supervision of Red Hat branch in Brno. One of its parts is to create
> > > a tutorial for tevent.
> > >
> > > Right now I'm at the beginning of my work and I would like to ask
> > > you if there are some important parts in tevent which I should pay
> > > extra attention?
> >
> > Tevent as such is "just" another event library similar to
> > libevent or libev or many others. It has two additional
> > twists: It is based on talloc, and it can pass on the
> > siginfo signal information. Beyond that's there is not
> > really much that it adds.
> >
> > The piece that makes a difference is the tevent_req API.
> > This enables composable async sequences of events to be
> > coded in C relatively easy. See
> > https://tevent.samba.org/group__tevent__request.html for a
> > quick overview, and source3/winbind/*.c for a lot of
> > examples how it is used.
> >
> > With best regards,
> >
> > Volker Lendecke
>
> I think I had an audio recording of your SambaXP talk on tevent a while
> ago. It was only audio, though, no slides or video. Was there any more
> recording of that talk? Maybe that would be helpful to David.

Sorry, I do not have any slides, because I was showing code.
At one time I went through developing a simple example
online. We did not videotape that. I am happy to answer
questions about tevent though.

Someone might still have that example I developed in their
samba-team folders. I have that archived somewhere, maybe
someone else has quick access to that. Günther? Andreas
maybe?

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de