Features that s4 will (not) include

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Wed Nov 28 00:41:42 MST 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:40:23AM +1100, Dewayne wrote:
> An excellent idea Marc, it will help to:
> A) set expectations for all,
> B) ease frustration when users/administrators spend time trying to get
> functionality working that doesn't exist (yet)
> C) aid architects planning to migrate from Windows Server 20XX to Samba4
> D) lower repetitive Q&A
> E) assure people that things haven't just been missed but are planned as
> Samba4 evolves
> And other soft benefits.  :)

thanks for your feedback, it's mcuh appreciated!

We are going to provide a whitepaper about (un-)supported fetures in 4.0.0
until the final release. That will be available in the Wiki.
Hopefully, the release notes will be extended
also. The s4 roadmap should be revised, too.

There are still gaps in the manpages, but we are currently working pretty hard
on the code and the docs will certainly see updates in the next bugfix
releases.

Thanks!

Karolin

--