Features that s4 will (not) include

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Tue Nov 27 15:27:52 MST 2012

Hello,

I thought a bit about the final release, that is comming closer and questions
that users/admins like me will have when migrating to or installing s4. And a
big question for me and others I thing is: What features are already supported
by samba4 and expecially which aren't (yet)?

I found the wiki page https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba4, that lists
major features. What do you think about adding a section of missing and
unfinished features, that will be added/fixed in the future.

I think this could prevent many duplicate questions and frustration when users
try AD or Windows stuff against their new s4 DC, that is currently not (fully)
working, like network neighbourhood, delegation of permissions in AD, etc.

Best regards,
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (IT-Leiter)
Zentrum fuer Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin