Press around releasing Samba4.

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Nov 27 11:54:47 MST 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:20:01PM -0500, Scott Lovenberg wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> Along those lines, I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to get some press from
> Slashdot.  They've been following the journey to 4.0 for a couple of
> years now.
>
> Jeremy, if you're close with Chris Dibona, he might have the clout to
> get it to the front page (without going through the usual moderation
> process) since he used to work there.  You might even have enough
> clout to do that yourself. :)

No, Slashdot have hated the Samba Team ever since Tim Potter (tpot) became
one of their most successful trolls a long time ago (but it was worth
it because he was very funny :-). CmdrTaco *hated* the trolls :-).

But sure, I'll certainly submit there (I usually do with Samba News),
along with a host of other publications.

Cheers,

	Jeremy