Swat2

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Wed Nov 21 14:53:02 MST 2012

On 21/11/12 20:59, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 01:02:52PM +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:

>>> You are confusing SWAT with SWAT2.  The bug represents a simple patch to
>>> our wscript files that won't take long to sort out, but which I don't
>>> quite have time for right now.  Blocker bugs like this go in and out of
>>> that tracker each day, it isn't a great drama.
>>>
>>> SWAT is pure C.  The various SWAT2 efforts don't seem to have come to a
>>> productive result, which is sad, but that is up to those maintaining
>>> those efforts, which are outside Samba at this point.
>>>
>>> Andrew Bartlett
>>>
>> Ok and thanks for clarifying that Andrew, but as that is the case,
>> it raises a couple of further questions:
>> does swat work with samba4 and if so how do you use it?
>> I tried running the swat binary and going to http://192.168.0.10:901
>> but this does not work, I also tried https, this did not work
>> either.
> The old SWAT is an inetd application. See the manpage for details on
> how to install it:
> http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages-3/swat.8.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jelmer

Thanks Jelmer, I had a look at the page you suggested, it turned out
that you need to use xinetd on Ubuntu 12.04 but I got it working. Having
tried it out, I cannot recommended it, it knows nothing about the samba
daemon and displays both the conf files as if there was only one.
My personal opinion is as before, it is time to remove the old swat from
samba4 and then get the new one to work, I finally got the new one to
install, it just will not run.

Rowland

believed to be clean.