Swat2

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Wed Nov 21 06:02:52 MST 2012

On 21/11/12 12:47, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 12:04 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
>> Hello,
>>    we seem to have an interesting problem here, Andrew Bartlett has
>> created a Samba bug report: Bug 9415 - SWAT *.msg files not installed
>> with waf
>> This by itself is not a problem, but it is also listed as a blocker on
>> Bug 8622 - Samba 4.0 can't be released
>>
>> So what is the problem? the problem is that Samba 4 cannot be released
>> until bug 9415 is sorted out, but why bother because Swat itself is so
>> broken and out of date it cannot be installed. It relys on pylons, but
>> pylons seem to have been replaced by pyramids.
> You are confusing SWAT with SWAT2.  The bug represents a simple patch to
> our wscript files that won't take long to sort out, but which I don't
> quite have time for right now.  Blocker bugs like this go in and out of
> that tracker each day, it isn't a great drama.
>
> SWAT is pure C.  The various SWAT2 efforts don't seem to have come to a
> productive result, which is sad, but that is up to those maintaining
> those efforts, which are outside Samba at this point.
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Ok and thanks for clarifying that Andrew, but as that is the case, it
raises a couple of further questions:
does swat work with samba4 and if so how do you use it?
I tried running the swat binary and going to http://192.168.0.10:901 but
this does not work, I also tried https, this did not work either.

Rowland

believed to be clean.