Swat2

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 21 05:47:21 MST 2012

On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 12:04 +0000, Rowland Penny wrote:
> Hello,
>   we seem to have an interesting problem here, Andrew Bartlett has
> created a Samba bug report: Bug 9415 - SWAT *.msg files not installed
> with waf
> This by itself is not a problem, but it is also listed as a blocker on
> Bug 8622 - Samba 4.0 can't be released
>
> So what is the problem? the problem is that Samba 4 cannot be released
> until bug 9415 is sorted out, but why bother because Swat itself is so
> broken and out of date it cannot be installed. It relys on pylons, but
> pylons seem to have been replaced by pyramids.

You are confusing SWAT with SWAT2.  The bug represents a simple patch to
our wscript files that won't take long to sort out, but which I don't
quite have time for right now.  Blocker bugs like this go in and out of
that tracker each day, it isn't a great drama.

SWAT is pure C.  The various SWAT2 efforts don't seem to have come to a
productive result, which is sad, but that is up to those maintaining
those efforts, which are outside Samba at this point.