Swat2

Rowland Penny repenny at f2s.com
Wed Nov 21 05:04:34 MST 2012

Hello,
  we seem to have an interesting problem here, Andrew Bartlett has
created a Samba bug report: Bug 9415 - SWAT *.msg files not installed
with waf
This by itself is not a problem, but it is also listed as a blocker on
Bug 8622 - Samba 4.0 can't be released

So what is the problem? the problem is that Samba 4 cannot be released
until bug 9415 is sorted out, but why bother because Swat itself is so
broken and out of date it cannot be installed. It relys on pylons, but
pylons seem to have been replaced by pyramids.

So Andrew you want a cure for bug 9415, easy, just remove Swat until it
is sorted out and works.

Before anybody starts shouting, I have tried to follow the instructions
at https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/SWAT2
None of the instructions there seem to work on Ubuntu 12.04 server and
the page was last modified on 7 September 2011. I have also tried
searching the web for newer instructions but cannot find any at this time.

If anybody knows how to get Swat working, could they please post a howto
somewhere.

Just my 1pence worth

Rowland

believed to be clean.