samba4 samba-tool dns questions

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Fri Nov 16 10:22:27 MST 2012

On 2012-11-16 17:37, David Mansfield wrote:

Hi David,

> After creating a zone, (reverse) and populating a PTR record, it seems
> samba internal DNS still uses the "forwarder" configured in smb.conf for
> that zone until a restart of samba.  Is this correct and intentional?

So far, the part of samba that samba-tool dns talks to has no way of
telling the DNS server part to reload its zone list. The zone list is
read during startup only. We'll try and fix that eventually, but this
won't make 4.0. You'll have to go and restart samba after adding a zone
for now, just like you've got to do with bind.

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin