Second problem with Samba 3.6.x shown by the smb2.rename tests

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Nov 14 18:45:56 MST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 05:32:25PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 05:24:06PM -0800, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > Here is the second problem that I am seeing:
> >
> > time: 2012-11-14 17:04:09.040840
> > failure: no_share_delete_no_delete_access [
> > (../source4/torture/smb2/rename.c:761) Incorrect status NT_STATUS_OK -
> > should be NT_STATUS_SHARING_VIOLATION
> > ]
> >
> > This test opens a file, then opens the parent directory with DENY_ALL
> > sharing, and then tries to rename the file opened.
> >
> > This should fail, I believe, with SHARING_VIOLATION but it succeeds.
>
> Already working in it... :-).
>
> Patch to follow shortly (once I've tested it).

Oh, this is a little harder than it looks. We
need to search to see if the parent handle was
opened without FILE_SHARE_DELETE, and deny if so.

I'm pretty sure the initial patch is good though,
so can you log a bug that we don't pass smb2.rename
against 3.6.x and 4.0.0rc.next and I'll upload patches
to the bug report once they're don.

Cheers,

Jeremy.