Experience with migration from samba3 to samba4 and ovirt tests

Alejandro aescanero at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 14:59:58 MST 2012

From
http://theessentialexchange.com/blogs/michael/archive/2007/11/13/the-user-principle-name-and-you.aspx
:

"The user principal name is not a required attribute (that is, Active
Directory does not require it to be set). The new user wizard in ADU&C
makes you set it - but you can go in and delete it from the Account
Properties page later, and when you are creating users programmatically
(such as via scripting), it doesn't need to be specified at all."

Is clear, AD don't need userPrincipalName, is ADU&C the creator of this
attribute.

Is possible to add a option in migration from samba3 and creation of user
(both with samba-tool) to add this attribute?

Jabber: blainett at jabberes.com