s4: can add attributes without objectClass after schema update (zarafa)

Thomas Mueller thomas at chaschperli.ch
Tue Nov 13 10:17:34 MST 2012

Hi

all on samba4.0.0rc4

i've imported the zarafa activedirectory schema extension (-> https://
community.zarafa.com/pg/plugins/project/9588/developer/tdeklein/samba4-ad-
integration-for-zarafa)

the schema update went fine (at least no errors reported). Now I can add
the zarafa attributes in ADUC GUI.  I least I thought. :) They are saved,
but not shown if the dialog is reopend.

Anlyzing the data stored on a user account showd this:

zarafaAdmin: 0
zarafaSharedStoreOnly: 0
zarafaAccount: 1
zarafaHidden: 0
zarafaUserServer: s101
zarafaResourceCapacity: 0
zarafaQuotaWarn: 200
zarafaQuotaOverride: 1
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
whenChanged: 20121113165831.0Z

attributes are there, but no objectClass zarafaAccount. I can add/remove
zarafa attributes without error messages with ldbedit. "samba-tool
dbhceck --cross-ncs" reports no errors.

The gui isn't fixed with adding the objectClass but it's scares me that i
can add attributes without enabling the objectClass on the object.

- Thomas