Samba 3.6.9 - net ads join fails on 2008R2 AD

Bogdan Iamandei b.iamandei at its.uq.edu.au
Sun Nov 11 23:17:22 MST 2012

On 9/11/12 8:11 PM, "Andreas Schneider" <asn at samba.org> wrote:

>On Friday 09 November 2012 05:22:05 Bogdan Iamandei wrote:

>> >But there should be an additional debug message now.
>>
>> You would think so, and after reading the patch I would say so too.
>>
>> However, it fails on authentication, it doesn't even get to the point
>> where it gets to ask about the domain.
>>
>> The attachment contains the -d10 output.
>>

>> 						Cheers,
>> 							Ino!~
>
>Can you send a network trace?

Ok - I'll look at doing that. At this point I've compiled a 3.5.19
version of Samba and that doesn't work either. I'm starting to
suspect that my KRB5 libs are not quite sane.

Looks like I'll need to get a Heimdal version compiled first and then
compile Samba against it.

I think that's what the Solaris packagers have done as per this article:
http://www.leidinger.net/blog/2011/04/01/compiling-samba-3-5-8-with-ad-supp
ort-on-solaris-10-u8/

I'll try this one last thing - Samba against Heimdal and if this continues
not to work, I'll get on the network trace.

							Cheers,
								Bogdan