[Announce] CTDB release 2.0 is ready for download

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 01:51:02 MST 2012

Hi Chris,

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM, Christopher R. Hertel <crh at ubiqx.mn.org> wrote:
> Pulling this all together under a new version number will give us a solid
> foundation moving forward.  I like that.
>
> How does this get integrated into Samba?  Can you point me at the
> documentation that shows me how to use 2.0 with Samba 3.6.8?

1. Build and install CTDB.  If you prefer, you can also build CTDB
rpms using packaging/RPM/ctdb.spec file.

2. Build Samba with CTDB and install.

    ./configure --with-ctdb=/path/to/ctdb --with-cluster-support

There is some documentation on CTDB website (https://ctdb.samba.org/)
about configuring and testing.  Additional documentation is on CTDB
wiki page.

Amitay.