Question regarding fixes for Samba 3.6

Nimrod Sapir NIMRODS at il.ibm.com
Tue Nov 6 08:04:03 MST 2012

Hi

I'm currently trying to work with the latest Samba 3.6 version. However,
I've noticed that some issues (which are probably relevant for both 3.6
and 4.0) are only fixed in the master branch, while issues that are
relevant for Samba 3.6 only are fixed in the 3.6 stable branch only. For
example, commit 73ede3241e3d8c26f50fbc7bd0762c742dfb3348 does not exist in
the v3-6-stable branch (although the issue is relevant for Samba 3.6),
while the fix to bug #9058 (commit
ea172c293d08d659f438d5851efc42a61f3bbb9e, among others) is only available
in the master branch.

I need the fix for those two bugs, and probably others which I am not
aware of. However, I'm trying to avoid merging those two branches locally
or trying to locate the relevant patch and cherry-picking the fix every
time I have a bug. Is there an easy way to do so?

Thanks
Nimrod Sapir
IBM - XIV, Israel
NAS Development Team