SV: ctdb relock file issues with glusterfs

Christopher R. Hertel crh at samba.org
Mon Nov 5 11:16:17 MST 2012

On 10/17/2012, Morten Bøhmer wrote:
> Hi
>
> I had my gluster-volume area on /mnt/gluster/lock and mounted the
> glustervolume on /mnt/lock
>
> In other words I made on gluster volume exclusively for ctdb.

Morten, et. al.,

I have tried to learn a lot about CTDB over the years, and have managed to
forget most of it (this is why I typically write stuff down...helps me
remember).

I spent a bit of time last week talking with active CTDB developers and I've
started to rebuild my understanding of the inner workings of CTDB.

Based on what you have above, I have a couple of questions for you:

- When you say you made a Gluster volume exclusively for CTDB, you mean
   the recovery file.  Is that correct?
- What else (CTDB-related) are you storing in the Gluster volume you
   created for CTDB?

I ask, because my understanding is that the TDB files that CTDB manages are
intended to be local only, and not shared.  If your configuration is
otherwise, I'd be interested in knowing.

Chris -)-----

ubiqx Team -- http://www.ubiqx.org/     -)-----   crh at ubiqx.mn.org
OnLineBook -- http://ubiqx.org/cifs/    -)-----   crh at ubiqx.org