Join a domain as a DC - replicating problems

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Thu Nov 1 12:11:41 MDT 2012

Thanks for the information. I'll try this.

Am 01.11.2012 18:16, schrieb Gémes Géza:
> I simply created an exact replica for each entry I've found except under pdc,
> which should be unique.

Ok. I'll try duplicating all entries with new IP/name (except for PDC).

What I finally want to do is joining the new machine and later demote the old
one (so this all is a kind of moving our one DC to a new machine with new
name/IP). Should the transfer of the fsmo roles switch the PDC entry later (or
by myself), before I demote the old server?

Or is it better currently not to do the transfer, if the DNS stuff is not 100%
working.

> This records should have been created at join, however I've just set up
> yesterday a test domain where joining two RC3 instances was working (DRS wise)
> perfectly today I've joined a RC4 install to them and had to create all the
> dns entries by hand, and event then DRS is still not working (from the newly
> joined DC to the other two) :-(

It sounds like the entries should be created normally when I join the domain.
So is there anything I can provide for creating a bug report to help this
getting fixed?

Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (IT-Leiter)
Zentrum für Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin