Join a domain as a DC - replicating problems

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.hu
Thu Nov 1 11:16:14 MDT 2012

> Am 01.11.2012 14:21, schrieb Gémes Géza:
>> I had similar problems which where fixed following:
>>
>> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-October/088000.html
>>
>> It turned out to be dns problem after all. I suggest to check the dns
>> records
>> under _msdsc.YOUR.DOMAIN.NAME
>

> If I browse then DNS with the MS tools, I can't find nowhere in the
> tree any entries with the name/IP of the new server after joining.
>
> Does any records have to be added automatically in the DNS when
> joining a samba4 DC? Or do I have to create everything by hand? (which
> ones are required)?
>

> Regards,
> Marc

I simply created an exact replica for each entry I've found except under
pdc, which should be unique.
This records should have been created at join, however I've just set up
yesterday a test domain where joining two RC3 instances was working (DRS
wise) perfectly today I've joined a RC4 install to them and had to
create all the dns entries by hand, and event then DRS is still not
working (from the newly joined DC to the other two) :-(

Cheers

Geza Gemes