Join a domain as a DC - replicating problems

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Thu Nov 1 07:32:34 MDT 2012

Am 01.11.2012 14:21, schrieb Gémes Géza:
> I had similar problems which where fixed following:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-October/088000.html
>
> It turned out to be dns problem after all. I suggest to check the dns records
> under _msdsc.YOUR.DOMAIN.NAME

If I browse then DNS with the MS tools, I can't find nowhere in the tree any
entries with the name/IP of the new server after joining.

Does any records have to be added automatically in the DNS when joining a
samba4 DC? Or do I have to create everything by hand? (which ones are required)?

Regards,
Marc

--
Marc Muehlfeld (IT-Leiter)
Zentrum für Humangenetik und Laboratoriumsmedizin