Fix a date for beta1 next week? (proposal: June 4) [Re: Preperation for Samba 4.0 beta1!]

Michael Adam obnox at samba.org
Thu May 31 09:35:38 MDT 2012

Some things relevant for the release plans have been done:

* I have pushed the smbclient->smbclient4 and smbclient3->smbclient
  rename (and the corresponding for nmblookup) as discussed.

* The internal dns server has been made asynchronuous by Volker.

* Andrew and others have worked on the build system and loadparm.

* Many more things I am probably forgetting to mention here - sorry!

Are there any things blocking a beta1?

==> Should we schedule a beta1 release date now?

I propose (again) Tuesday June 4.

If any other day of the next week is more convenient, let's use
that.

Cheers - Michael