Questions about ACLs

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed May 30 00:20:53 MDT 2012

Am 30.05.2012 08:08, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> If you were using a version before alpha21, then s3fs wasn't the
> default, and so we didn't attempt to emulate the NT ACL into a POSIX
> ACL.

I used the latest git version from yesterday (4.0.0alpha22-GIT-9102ccf). I
used the following command for the migration:
# /usr/local/samba/bin/samba-tool domain samba3upgrade
--dbdir=/usr/var/locks3/ --use-xattrs=yes --realm=MUC.medizinische-genetik.de
/etc/samba/smb3.conf

When I add
server services = -smb +s3fs
dcerpc endpoint servers = -winreg -srvsvc
to my smb.conf, it is stored in the filesystem.

>> And one more question about ACLs:
>> In my s3 live system, my user/groups are stored in LDAP and I see the
>> owner/group of file trough nss_ldap on linux. In my s4 test environment, now
>> all files show only the uid/gid on files/directories. Can I get the
>> user-/groupnames back by letting nss_ldap connect to the samba LDAP?
>
> Use nss_winbind for that.

Do user/groups have the same IDs than before the migration from LDAP trough
winbind.

Regards,
Marc