[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Tue May 29 23:59:22 MDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 02:36:03AM +0200, Kai Blin wrote:
> The branch, master has been updated
>        via  aa01908 libcli/dns: Rename UDP-based calls to reflect their use
>        via  42e1b94 Add myself as libcli/dns maintainer
>        via  6a1ad76 s4-dns: Use W_ERROR_HAVE_NO_MEMORY in create_response_rr

Where is the rule laid down that we must use those macros? I
find them completely obnoxious to use. Doing a return or
goto from something that looks like a function call is just
wrong to me. To save precious screen space, I would rather
go and introduce a special rule to say

if (ptr == NULL) { return WERR_NOMEM };

in one line. I know we have tons of uses of those, but I
would like to start a discussion about banning them.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de