When was 'session setup' introduced? (propose to change server-side min protocol to match)

Tue May 29 23:50:33 MDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 03:46:26PM +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 21:24 -0500, Christopher R. Hertel wrote:
> > SessionSetupAndX was introduced in LAN Manager v1.0, the first OS/2 version
> > of the protocol.  The Core Protocol does not support SessionSetupAndX.  See:
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee442101
> >
> > You do realize that this is the first time ever that we will have disabled
> > support for a dialect.  ...and that Windows servers still support this dialect.
>
> Very interesting.  How does that work?
>
> In any case, it won't work in Samba, so I propose this.

We might need to revive the code and fix bugs, but many
people will be very unhappy about that. The problem is that
there are still disk imagers in use that are dos-based,
fetching the restore images from SMB via the ancient ms-tcp
dos redirector.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de