Does Samba4 support Cross forest trusts

Trever Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Sun May 27 18:29:29 MDT 2012

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-05-22 at 17:12 -0700, Avinash Gupta wrote:
>> We have two Samba4 forest domains which act as domain controllers.
>> We would like to establish trust between them (either at forest level or at domain level).
>> We are wondering if Samba4 supports this scenario.
>
> We have parts of the infrastructure required for this, but not a
> complete solution.  In particular, if you were to try this now, we would
> completely trust any cross-forest trust you established (no validation
> of SIDs).
>
> Andrew Bartlett

Hello All,

I am not sure quite how to go about this. Is there any one on this
list that adds features for money?

If so, how much would it cost to get full cross forest trusts
implemented, including the SIDs checking? I need kerberos, unix ids
(winbind?), etc.

One requirement for payment beyond the above is that it is integrated
into the main tree.

Thank you,
Trever

P.S. Sorry that you are getting this twice Andrew.