errors/issues when trying to migrate

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Sat May 26 06:08:51 MDT 2012

Am 26.05.2012 07:41, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
>> 2.) Exporting groups
>> Ignoring group 'Print Operators' S-1-5-32-550 listed but then not found:
>> Unable to enumerate members for alias, (-1073741487,NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_ALIAS)
>>
>> The script continues, but this groups are all ignored. Any idea why?
>
> A number of Samba3 databases appear to have aliases templates for these
> well known groups, but if they are not mapped to system groups, then
> this will happen.  That's why we ignore the error, because clearly there
> are no users in these groups.

What is an alias template?

In some of this groups I have users, like in "print operators". This is my
LDAP export of one of these groups:

dn: cn=Print Operators,ou=Groups,dc=mr,dc=lfmg,dc=de
objectClass: posixGroup
objectClass: sambaGroupMapping
cn: Print Operators
displayName: Print Operators
gidNumber: 550
memberUid: technik
memberUid: Administrator
sambaGroupType: 5
sambaSID: S-1-5-32-550

>> Here the script crashes and stops. The only way to continue, is to delete
>> wins.dat. Maybe the script can continue, if the WINS import failes.
>
> I need a sample of the failed wins.dat, so we can fix the parsing
> script.

Find the wins.dat attached.

>> ERROR(<class 'samba.provision.ProvisioningError'>): uncaught exception -
>> ProvisioningError: Could not add member
>> 'S-1-5-21-1362721961-1801182073-732966438-2996' to group
>> 'S-1-5-21-1362721961-1801182073-732966438-512' as either group or user record
>> doesn't exist: Unable to find GUID for DN
 >
> The issue would be that Administrator should have a SID ending in -500.
> We already skip accounts "root" and "administrator" and map the password
> on to the Administrator account we build at provision time.  This does
> however mean that we break when trying to import the incorrect
> administrator as a group member.

I'll fix the SID of this account. But should there be some code added around
to skip this failure, if others having a wrong SID for 'administator' too? Or
at least a message, what's wrong.

Thanks for your information.

Regards,
Marc