s3fs, setgid and NT ACLs

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Fri May 25 01:30:29 MDT 2012

On 25/05/12 08:34, Ricky Nance wrote:
> Steve, I am not sure, but I think you should use vfs objects =
> posix_eadb instead, you can find a list of available vfs objects under
> /path/to/samba4/lib/vfs then just strip off the .so extension and you
> can use it as a vfs object.

Hi Ricky

OMG thank you so much. Yes. That almost does it. The mapping is not
perfect (we want rw r r and we get rwx r r) but who cares. The group
share also understands g+s (we want rw-rw on fles and rwxrwx on folders
but we get rwxrwx on everything)

The problem is that it's soooo slow.

Here is a share:

[reports]
         path = /data/reports
         read only = No
         vfs objects = posix_eadb

Is there any way I can tweak this to get a file written without a multi
second wait?

I really would like s3fs to do this natively as it writes files (with
the wrong acl!) instantly.

We can see this:

/usr/local/samba/lib/vfs # ls
acl_tdb.so        fake_perms.so      shadow_copy.so
acl_xattr.so      fileid.so          shadow_copy_test.so
aio_fork.so       full_audit.so      skel_opaque.so
aio_pthread.so    linux_xfs_sgid.so  skel_transparent.so
audit.so          netatalk.so        smb_traffic_analyzer.so
cap.so            posix_eadb.so      streams_depot.so
catia.so          preopen.so         streams_xattr.so
crossrename.so    readahead.so       syncops.so
default_quota.so  readonly.so        time_audit.so
dirsort.so        recycle.so         xattr_tdb.so
expand_msdfs.so   scannedonly.so
extd_audit.so     shadow_copy2.so

and have the share mounted on this:
cat /etc/fstab | grep xattr
/dev/disk/by-id/ata-Maxtor_6V200E0_V40FV13G-part2 /
ext4       acl,user_xattr        1 1

Thank you once again.
Cheers,
Steve