tdb2/ntdb means that tdb_inc_seqnum can't be use directly

Matthieu Patou mat at matws.net
Wed May 23 22:20:58 MDT 2012

On 05/23/2012 05:55 PM, Rusty Russell wrote:
> On Wed, 23 May 2012 00:57:13 -0700, Matthieu Patou<mat at matws.net>  wrote:
>> Hello Rusty,
>>
>> I was trying to use tbd_inc_seqnum and realized that write operation in
>> tdb2 are using it also so it's not a good idea for me to use it tdb2/ntdb.
> I don't understand.  Writes in tdb1 used it too...
Oh right, I thought it wasn't.

> It's not exposed, because noone needed it.  Why do you want to use it?
Well for schema update I need process A to tell process B I have
reloaded the schema because I had too or I was asked so should you.
I was suggested to use tdb_inc_seqnum and tdb_get_seqnum as I don't need
to have an exact value but just the info that something has changed and
that schema has to be reloaded.
So it wouldn't be too bad to be able to use tdb_inc_seqnum (ldb seems to
call it directly).

Matthieu.