serverid patchset ?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon May 21 18:39:49 MDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 16:57 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 01:13:03PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > The branch, master has been updated
> >        via  f5ca3f1 s3: Revert the serverid changes, they need more work
> >       from  45082a8 s4-torture: Improve torture test boilerplate, use torture_assert()
> >
> > http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=shortlog;h=master
> >

> > - Log -----------------------------------------------------------------
> > commit f5ca3f11e47e48d195616f813b5b2c9e8255c6cd
> > Author: Volker Lendecke <vl at samba.org>
> > Date:   Fri May 18 09:10:02 2012 +0200
> >
> >     s3: Revert the serverid changes, they need more work
>
> Ok, now both you and I have done more work over the weekend on
> this, and the autobuilds do seem much more stable, may I have your
> official permission to re-push this patchset ?

Jeremy,

Is that to say that you have run your revised patches past a series of
(say) 4 private autobuilds, or are you just saying that the underlying
autobuild is now more stable?

There were two problems is autobuild on Friday, the and for the first
I'm incredibly grateful for Volker finding the valgrind issue in the
work I did on xattr_tdb.  I introduced that bug, and didn't recognise it
when reading over the flaky build reports.

Have you addressed the second issue, that is the DELETE_PENDING errors?
As metze indicated in the mail thread, and I tried to indicate on
Friday, the original version of this patch set did cause a new flaky
test.   To be clearer: this error was never seen before your patches
landed, and was seen multiple times (on about 5 occasions, between
jelmer, myself and a automated flaky detection) between that patch and
the revert.

Thanks,