[Release Planning 3.6] Samba 3.6.6 on May 31 (was May 24)?

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Mon May 21 13:36:59 MDT 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 04:12:41PM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> what do you think about releasing Samba 3.6.6 on Thursday, Mai 24?
> Are there any objections?

Unfortunately, Samba 3.6.6 will be delayed. There is one blocker that needs to
be addressed (bug #8944: smbd doesn't start with ldapsam:trusted options).

The new planned release date is May 31, if there are no objections.
That means, the v3-6-test branch will be frozen on May 24 (in 3 days!).

Additionally, the 3.6.6 bug depends on four bugs that should be
addressed:

-Bug 8373 - Can't join XP Pro workstations to 3.6.1 DC
-Bug 8598 - force user fails for active directory users
-Bug 8910 - resolve_ads() code can return zero addresses and miss valid DC
            IP addresses.
-Bug 8943 - Slow but responsive DC can lock up winbindd for > 10 minutes at a time
            (3.5 to master)

I am still not sure how to handle these release bugs. Currently, I handle
them as "should be fixed", but not as blockers. Can I ship a release when
there are four bugs listed in the release bug?

So we should aggree on how to handle these release bugs (or don't we need
them at all?).

Cheers,
Karolin

--