acl_xattr storage format (Re: Moving forward towards releasing Samba 4.0)

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Mon May 21 07:18:32 MDT 2012

On 05/21/2012 09:23 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 09:00 +0200, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> I'm particularly concerned that any change in our POSIX ACL -> NT ACL
> mapping (to fix a bug in the mapping, such as might be required for
> #8938 if confirmed)
Hi
8938 has been confirmed by independent users. I added that something as
seemingly simple as:

chmod g+s

was not understood by s3fs. Having all files owned by "Domain Users"
(DU) on a g+s share to a group other than DU doesn't look good from a
security pov.

Would it be possible to check the underlying permissions, sticky bits
and ownership on a folder before writing to it?

We still have the test lan in place. Please tell us what you'd like us
to do to get over this.
Cheers,
Steve