[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Luk Claes luk at debian.org
Mon May 21 02:27:15 MDT 2012

On 05/21/2012 10:17 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> On 05/21/2012 01:03 AM, Volker Lendecke wrote:

>>> PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT CONSULTATION WITH OTHERS.
>>> THIS IS NOT YOUR SANDPIT.
>> To avoid this kind of thread in the future, maybe we should
>> change autobuild so that it has to run 5 times in a row
>> successfully before the push is made. Right now we are
>> somewhere between 1:30h and 2:00h for a push to get through.
>> This is completely detached from a normal workflow.
>> Extending that to, say, 8 to 10 hours should not make a
>> significant difference anymore.
> -1

Personally I don't like technical solutions for social problems, though
it does not seem to be such a bad suggestion in trying to avoid unstable
test results.

The social problems can very probably be solved by just communicating
more about intentions (both about possible pushing other's patches as
well as possible reverting of commits and their reasons).

Cheers

Luk