Fwd: Generalising SMB1 libsmb code

Luk Claes luk at debian.org
Mon May 21 02:11:34 MDT 2012

Hi

Forwarded on metze's request.

Cheers

Luk

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Generalising SMB1 libsmb code
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 12:20:23 +0200
From: Luk Claes <luk at debian.org>
To: Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>,  Michael Adam
<obnox at samba.org>

Hi

For generalising the code (getting rid of cli_state) in source3/libsmb,
I keep stumbling on the same function, where I could need some advice:

cli_smb_req_create calls smb1cli_req_create, so it would be logical to
try to replace cli_smb_req_create with smb1cli_req_create, though the
latter has additional arguments:

clear_flags: depends on cli->case_sensitive
additional_flags2: depends on cli->dfsroot
pid: 0xFEFF as before? How does it get the actual pid from that btw?
uid: cli->smb1.uid

So how do I get the cli->case_sensitive, cli->dfsroot and cli->smb1.uid
(or the flags and uid) when I don't have cli, but have smbXcli_conn and
smbXcli_session?

In the meantime I have worked a bit from the other side (getting rid of
cli_state and some other functions), pushed to
git://anonscm.debian.org/users/luk/samba.git like before.

Cheers

Luk