Installing exchange 2010 with samba DCs

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun May 20 13:43:54 MDT 2012

On 05/20/2012 06:36 AM, Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer wrote:
> ekacnet,
>
> this is a very impressive work. The "schema_reload_interval" loadparm
> parameter seems to make sense to me but please consult other LDB devs
> as well. It would always be nice to have such options compatible to
> Windows but I do not know how is it handled in this particular case (I
> think that it could be problematic when we have more than one DC and
> different intervals on the various nodes).
Well on the tests it appears that Windows is reloading every 150
seconds, the reloading of the schema is really meaningful on the schema
master as other DCs reloads automatically the schema during DRS replication.

But my request was for the latest patch the one that change the behavior
of the operational module and especially how modifyTimestamp is handled.
In my trial to make exchange 2010 install on top of a S4 DC it was
failing with some strange error. Research on internet yielded tips about
clock synchronization influencing the timestamp of the schema's cache
that the "exchange" server is maintaining. After checking the windows
behavior I came to the conclusion that the modifyTimestamp on the
CN=Aggregate object reflects the timestamp of the most recently modified
object in the schema, hence my patch.

Can you check this particular one ?

Thanks.

Matthieu.