Samba4: pam-winbind config on openSUSE problem

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Sat May 19 11:57:23 MDT 2012

Hi
Does anyone have a working /etc/pam.d config for winbind on openSUSE 12.1.

Any mention of winbind in any of auth account or session either locks me
out or prevents root logins.

Everything else works fine. wbinfo -u, getent passwd, getent group. . .
We just can't login.

I have this working perfectly on Ubuntu LTS with the same links in /lib
and /lib/security as I have with the openSUSE DC. Alas, that
configuration does not work on the latter. Neither does the pam.d from a
3.6 client which is joined to the LTS domain.

Cheers,
Steve