[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Fri May 18 12:09:28 MDT 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 02:04:33PM -0400, simo wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-05-18 at 10:41 -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 07:38:05PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Those patches apparently created flaky builds for Andrew
> > > Bartlett, thus I took them back.
> >
> > Unfortunately this is not the correct way to address
> > that issue. I pushed those patches, not you - and if
> > there were problems with them we should have worked
> > together to find the problem and *collaboratively*
> > fixed them.
> >
> > This is master, not a private branch.
> >
> > I'd like to propose that all reverts must be
> > reviewed by one other Team member other than
> > the one proposing the revert. It's a code
> > change at that point, and should be treated
> > as such.
>
> +1
>
> A revert is a serious matter.

Sorry, but this case is different. It was *MY* code that I
posted completely prematurely. I claim the right to revert
them when they cause problems for other developers.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de