share-level permissions and SYSTEM_SECURITY to files and dirs failing even though token has SeSecurityPrivilege

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Tue May 15 16:38:37 MDT 2012

Hi,

in smbd_check_access_rights we first check if the share permissions
allow the mode of access. This fails of the caller asked for
SYSTEM_SECURITY and no further check is made.

However, if the logged in user's token contains SeSecurityPrivilege
and rejected_share_access was only SYSTEM_SECURITY, then I believe
that the requested operation should be allowed to continue to further
checks.

What say ye?

--
Regards,