Samba4 winbind success

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue May 15 06:02:55 MDT 2012

Hi everyone

After a bit of ln -s'ing in /lib and /security/lib I managed to get s4
and winbind working. Thanks to the details here:
https://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2012-May/083619.html

1. How can I have a home folder that I choose, not one which winbind
chooses?

e.g.
I'd like to have home folders such as
/home/CACTUS/staff/<usernames>
/home/CACTUS/builders/<usernames>
/home/CACTUS/office/<usernames>

but with winbind the only possibility seems to be:
/home/CACTUS/<usernames>

Maybe somehow have a share for each of the folders staff builders and
office?

2. getent group does not list secondary group members (as nss-ldapd
does) Would it be possible to include this?lient,

3. When I logon using a linux client under winbind, is that also being
server by s3fs? (I guess the answer must be yes since I had the nfs
server turned off for the winbind tests).

Cheers,
Steve

samba --version
Version 4.0.0alpha21-GIT-46a41d0
smbd --version
Version 4.0.0alpha21-GIT-46a41d0
winbindd --version
Version 4.0.0alpha21-GIT-46a41d0
smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
     server role = domain controller
     workgroup = CACTUS
     realm = polop.site
     netbios name = SAM4DC
     passdb backend = samba4
     dcerpc endpoint servers = epmapper, wkssvc, rpcecho, samr,
netlogon, lsarpc, spoolss, drsuapi, dssetup, unixinfo, browser,
eventlog6, backupkey, dnsserver
     server services = rpc, nbt, wrepl, ldap, cldap, kdc, drepl,
winbind, ntp_signd, kcc, dnsupdate, s3fs
     template shell = /bin/bash

[netlogon]
     path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/polop.site/scripts
     read only = No

[sysvol]
     read only = No

[homes]