[Samba] How to build Samba4 using static linked libraries

Sun May 13 23:21:54 MDT 2012

On Mon, May 07, 2012 at 12:21:29PM -0400, peixing.sun at emc.com wrote:
> I am building the  torture/smbtorture for
> samba-4.0.0alpha17.  After build,  I am running the test
> in another environment.
> I not only need to copy the binary smbtorture,  I also
> need to copy the shared libraries.   This is HUGE
> inconvenient for us.

You might want to try the following steps:

cd source3
./autogen.sh
./configure.developer
make bin/smbtorture4

The resulting binary bin/smbtorture4 *is* the smbtorture
from the main build from source4/torture, but it is linked
so that it only depends on system libraries.

With best regards,

Volker Lendecke

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de