Make ACL headers required by default for Samba 4.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun May 13 17:34:21 MDT 2012

On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 18:11 +0200, steve wrote:
> On 05/13/2012 08:11 AM, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> >
> > What do folks think?
> >
> Hi everyone
>
> Could we please have acl support on the underlying file system honored
> by s3fs?
>
> IOW if there's already an acl set, then we do not change it into
> something else?

Steve,

Can you please stop posting in every single thread related to Samba 4.0
about your problem?

You have filed a bug in bugzilla, and have the personal attention of our
ACL maintainer.

There isn't much more that can be done for you right now.

(Additionally, s3fs ACL support isn't actually anything special - except
for idmap changes under review, it is the exact code used in 'normal'
smbd deployments, and is directly following on from the Samba 3.x file
server behaviour)

Thanks,