My proposed path to a Beta for Samba 4.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 11 03:20:55 MDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-05-11 at 10:59 +0200, steve wrote:

> Hi
> Before the beta, could we please make sure that s3fs can handle acl,
> ownership and group mapping Linux to Windows? i.e. what I set on ext4 on
> the Linux s3fs file server means the same thing to both Linux and
> windows clients? At the moment it doesn't.

Steve,

We are talking about our first beta release, not the final or release
candidate.  We do take your issues seriously, and have continued and
will continue to work with you on all the issues you have raised.

There will continue to be beta releases beyond this one, and we expect
to continue to improve our ACL handling.  Unless you can show the the
behaviour with s3fs is actually worse than what we did with the NTVFS
server, then I would prefer not to hold up the beta release.