facing very slow authentication responses from samba4, urget help needed

Andreas Oster aoster at novanetwork.de
Fri May 11 00:41:22 MDT 2012

Hello list,

I have migrated our Windows AD to a samba4/bind9_dlz environment and are
now facing high latencies for user/password authentications, especially
apparent when doing LDAP authentication and group lookups from postfix
or dovecot. But also the authentication from our file servers, running
samba3 + winbind, is very slow. When accessing a share for the first
time or after some inactivity it takes quite a while till folder view
pops up.

Currently I have samba version 4.0.0alpha21-GIT-db11c1b.

I would be thankful if someone could give some help resolving this issue.

Thank you for your kind help

best regards

Andreas